Projects of the Klassik Stiftung Weimar are funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Free State of Thuringia, represented by the State Chancellery of Thuringia, Department of Culture and the Arts.
On 18 May 2019, Walter Gropius’s 136th anniversary, the Klassik Stiftung Weimar officially reopened the Haus Am Horn with a new permanent exhibition
Designed by Georg Muche, the Haus Am Horn was built for the first major Bauhaus Exhibition in 1923. As the only example of authentic Bauhaus architecture in Weimar, the Haus Am Horn was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996 as part of the ensemble “Bauhaus and Its Sites in Weimar, Dessau and Bernau”. On 1 January 2019, ownership of the house was transferred to the Foundation which had been extensively renovating the building since 2015 in preparation of the Bauhaus centennial. The aim was to present what the Bauhäusler called their “model house” Am Horn as the first creative and technological example of Bauhaus architecture and restore the original character of the house as much as possible.